It’s always the biggest challenge for me…cook the chicken, shred the chicken, — then what?
Well, I did a little playing around with some ingredients and came up with a dish that I have never made before, but will be serving it up on Father’s Day. (fingers crossed)
- Start with cooked and shredded chicken and place it in a casserole dish.
2. Then …. mix in 2 bags of Birds Eye Steamfresh Chicken Flavored Rice (broccoli, carrots, onions). I place both bags in our microwave and steam them together, side by side.
3. Mix it all together – it will be dry, but not for long…
4. In a skillet, bring to a low boil Cream of Chicken Soup, Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 can Sweet Peas, 1/2 cup of butter, and 1 small jar of sliced mushrooms. Stir it all together very well, coming to a low boil, then add salt and pepper.
5. Then pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables in the casserole dish. Stir it all together.
6. As the final touch, (but it is optional), crush a sleeve of Ritz crackers and sprinkle them all over the top of the casserole. In a bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter and drizzle it over the crackers.
BAKE at 350 for 20 minutes. Our side dish is cooked down green beans, fresh garden salad and key lime pie for desert OR pound cake with strawberry topping with vanilla ice cream.
That recipe sounds delish and easy! Gonna give it a try! Thanks for sharing!