So, this post may be a bit unusual but if we aren’t honest with each other about the good and the bad, then what is the point of a site like this?
This morning as I went to “my place” that I meet with the Lord, I was just a little off. It seems the enemy was anxiously waiting for me to get up so he could pounce. (after the fact I see this as a good thing b/c I must be a threat to him) But trust me, this morning I wasn’t thinking that way. I just felt a little anxious and then I started with the ” what ifs”. I am sure some of you readers can relate.
I didn’t even try to pray, I knew I just needed to get in my Bible and fast. I don’t know at exactly what point this happened but all of a sudden the Holy Spirit began to remind me of my position in Christ and that God loved me.
I immediately began to confess…..confess the fact that I had forgotten. I got my notebook and began to write down all the things the Bible says about God, Jesus, who I am in Christ etc…. I seemed to have forgotten. The enemy is crafty that way. If he can just get your thoughts to race in the wrong direction it is going to be a great day for him and NOT for you.
Now this post requires a little work on your part. First, I suggest you do the same exercise I did this morning. Get some paper (not your computer) and write down some things you too have forgotten. There is something very reassuring about seeing your own handwriting on paper. It is just more believable. Second, don’t write down the reference, just write out what you remember. Later, when you have time you can look up where the verse is and you will have some great time with the Lord as you read the verse and the supporting Scripture around it. Third, I am going to give you some my list just in case you are in such a state that you can’t recall anything. I have been there too. It’s not a fun place to be and it is a blessing to piggy back on someone else’s words and thoughts when you can’t seem to find your own or hear the Spirit speaking to you. I won’t post everything today, I will break it up over the course of a few days. So, here it goes……
Lord, I am sorry that today I forgot:
- That God is love.
- That I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- That I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
- That I can do all things through Christ who is my Strength.
- That with God ALL things are possible.
- That there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- That it is for freedom that Christ has set me free!
- That perfect love casts out fear.
- That His good Spirit leads me on level ground.
- When I resist the devil, he has to flee.
- That I have a great High Priest who knows exactly how I feel.
- That my High Priest is seated at God’s Right Hand and lives to make intercession for me.
- That the Holy Spirit intercedes for me, in fact He groans for me in prayer with words that can’t even be expressed.
- That I have the mind of Christ.
- That the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but divine and that they pull down all strongholds.
- That the God of the Universe inclines His ear to me.
- That God loved me so much that He gave Jesus to pay for all my sin.
- That I am a branch that bears fruit.
- That God’s love is towards me, it is steadfast.
- That my bonds have been loosed.
- That my help comes from the Lord.
- That because I have the mind of Christ, He wants me to take every thought captive to Him.
- That Jesus said, “It is finished.”
- That absolutely nothing shall ever separate me from my God.
- That with God on my side, no one can stand against me.
Well, that is it for tonight. Check back tomorrow for the rest of my list. I am praying for you my friend. I pray you don’t start tomorrow forgetting.
Living Free, (when I remember!)