If you’re like me, you’ve probably tried several chicken salads in your lifetime and each one tastes tee-totally different. Some have spice, some are sweet, some are chunky and some are shredded. While some are loaded up with all kinds of veges and fruit, some are just as plain Jane as can be…but still so delicious! You may find one that is a little dry, while another may be extra mayonaisey!! Truth is…chicken salad is a personal preference, and my family has definitely found theirs.
chicken, celery, sweet pickle cubes, mayonnaise, red seedless grapes
1. First, boil an entire bag of chicken tenders. I use the Kroger brand.
2. Let the tenders completely cool. I boil mine the night before and after they have cooled, I’ll place them in a large ziplock bag in the refrigerator overnight.
3. I pinch and shred the whole bag of chicken into a large bowl.
4. I add 3 large heaping spoon fulls of mayo. Stir it up very well.
5. Then add half a jar of sweet pickle cubes.
6. Next add a cup of red seedless grapes that have been cut into 4th.
7. Next, add a cup of celery slices…sliced thin.
I place all the ingredients into the bowl and stir.
Lastly, I salt and pepper to taste. My family likes a lot of pepper, so I shaka’ shaka’ shaka’ until the salad is pretty heavy with pepper.
This is such a simple recipe, but one that seems to make the folks in this home smile when they find a large bag of it in the frig! But enjoying a chicken salad sandwich with a little bit of sliced green apple, sipping on some summer time sweet tea while chatting with your man and watching the dogs play…..now THAT is food for the soul!
I love chicken salad and made some this week! Don’t like to eat too much in the summer just because of the heat and so this makes a good, quick dinner!
We love chicken salad in the summer! Yesterday we had a side of fresh strawberries and blueberries with and it was so good….now it’s time to make another yum in our family…homemade blueberry jam! They are in season, so that means you can get blueberries super cheap!