Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and [a]cultivate faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4
What would it look like if we were to cultivate God’s faithfulness on a daily basis?
When You Say God Is
- God, I praise You for Your faithfulness to me. * Honored and worshipped.
- God, I want to be faithful to You. * Glorified and magnified.
- Lord, I want to be faithful to my wife/husband. * Blessed by your obedience to forsake all others
- Jesus, I want to be faithful to my calling. * Faithful to accomplish His purpose in your life. God’s ultimate goal for us is to glorify Him through acknowledging His faithfulness and exhibit that attribute to those He has placed in our lives. Let’s look at some of the people in the Bible who exhibited this seventh attribute of the Holy Spirit.
- Abraham left his country when God said go and he had no idea where he was to go. (Genesis 12: 1-3)
- Moses obeyed God to hold up the rod of God. The Red Sea parted. (Exodus 14:21-22)
- Hannah prayed faithfully for a baby and God gave her Samuel.(1 Samuel 1:20)
- Joseph went to prison, accused falsely of molesting the King’s wife. God used him to speak truth to the king, to feed his father’s house during famine in the land and to interpret the king’s dreams. (Genesis 39:20-23)
These are just a few of those named among the faithful of God. I also think of Paul who suffered much hardship, shipwreck, persecutions and imprisonments; during his faithful years of service to the Lord. He is such an example of God’s faithfulness to come find us and then radically change our lives. That’s what He wants to do for you dear friend. The Lord wants to instill great faithfulness in those who know Him to be faithful.
God wants you to cultivate faithfulness into your life and into the lives of those in your sphere of influence.
How does one go about cultivating great faithfulness?
Believe: “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
Pray: “Ask and it shall be given to you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you.” Matt. 7:7
Receive: “Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God”. Romans 10:17
Will you begin to ask God to give you great faithfulness? He longs to cultivate great faithfulness in you, so that you might cultivate great faithfulness in others.
Dear Lord, I’m begging You to cultivate great faithfulness in me. I want my life to exhibit Your great faithfulness. I want to show the world that I’m a Christian. I want to be holy and set apart unto You Jesus. I love you Lord. It’s in Your Name I offer up this prayer. Amen
Leave a Comment